Monday, December 6, 2010

The Eagle has Landed!

Here is a great Mike Kenny photo.


Every morning my wife and I settle in the sun room with a cup of coffee and view the wonder of the lake waking up to a new day. Today was special. Swooping in from the North came a very, very large bald eagle. He came to a rest in the tree at the point deck, causing a very substantial limb to yield and bounce back with his weight. I couldn't help but think, "there's a dog in my tree--with wings!" What an unbelievable sight. As he left, I held my breath that our hunters on the South shore left the beer at home! Sure enough, no gun shots echoed as the eagle moved across the Elks.

I will always remember the view this morning--as the flag on the pole waved in the breeze and that beautiful eagle stood proudly in the line of sight in the point tree.